Officially, summer is still about a month away – have you ever eagerly anticipated summer more than this year? I know we all remain hopeful that the province will return to reopening outdoor activities to enjoy with others and we are optimistic that the vaccine deployment in Manitoba will show positive results very soon.
The Tournament Committee would like to send warm wishes to our wonderful community of Sponsors, Golfers and Volunteers and share our plans for our 25th Anniversary event on August 23rd at the beautiful Bridges Golf Course. We are delighted to welcome our new Title Sponsor Partnership – Payworks and Johnston Group to our team! We are thankful for their commitment to our cause and are proud to be included in the numerous organizations these business leaders support in our community.
It’s been some time since we last touched base. In January we sent out our ‘Save the Date’ message and recently completed our Major Sponsor campaign. Along with all of our returning Hero, Hope, Inspire and Angel Sponsors, we are so grateful for your longstanding commitment and support during these uncertain times.
The Committee have been working hard on our tournament plan knowing that golf has been a safe outdoor experience in the past year, making us optimistic for our 2021 date of August 23rd.
To that end, we are planning to offer the tournament this year with some minor changes to ensure maximum safety and flexibility. Fun prizing and safe activities are in the works to ensure we are able to meet all public health guidelines. Some of these changes include:
- One golf team (including scorekeeper) per hole will offer plenty of social distancing. Instead of all teams starting at once, we will run two flights of golf – Flight A and Flight B with staggered start times.
- Meals – a delicious meal with beverage will be delivered to your cart 2 hours into your round to enjoy with your team. This will be in lieu of a banquet meal at the end of your round.
- Our Silent Auction is moving to an ONLINE experience. We will communicate auction information via email, and bidding will begin 2 weeks prior to the tournament and close the night before.
- Our Rainbow Raffle (ticket-based prize packs) is paused for this year, but we will be adding a 50/50 raffle with tickets sold throughout our golf day!
- Celebrations, dessert trays and key messages will cap off the day in the outdoor wedding gardens following each flight of golf.
For those of you who are not sponsors with registered golfers, there are many spots available. We would like to get a sense of how many people anticipate being comfortable participating this year knowing that we will abide by ALL current health orders. To express your interest, please complete the form below to register on our golfer waiting list. This will help our committee understand how our community is feeling about participating in our physically distanced event in August 2021 and help us plan accordingly.
The above form will provide an opportunity to be placed on our waiting list and we can advise you when the team/player lottery will begin to fill our available spots. We will only be communicating tournament registration and information via email, so please chat with your teams to ensure everyone has had the opportunity to register their interest.
Thank you for your support!